Durango SRT 2018, rien de trop beau pour tirer ma roulotte
Durango SRT 2018 – Wow! Parmi les gros VUS qui sont disponibles sur le marché, le Durango fait un retour très remarqué. Disponible vers la fin de l’année 2017 le Durango SRT 2018 promet de bien belles dispositions pour remorquer votre VR ou votre bateau sans trop d’efforts. Au moment d’écrire ces lignes le communiqué en français n’étant pas disponible nous publions quand-même pour votre bénéfice la feuille de spécifications techniques en anglais.
Capacité de remorquage: 8,600lb
«FCA Canada: Dodge Unleashes New 2018 Dodge Durango SRT: Canada’s Fastest, Most Powerful and Most Capable Three-Row SUV
- New 2018 Dodge Durango SRT is the most powerful three-row SUV with its 475-horsepower, legendary 392-cubic-inch HEMI® V-8 engine
- Fastest and most capable three-row SUV with a National Hot Rod Association (NHRA)-certified quarter-mile time of 12.9 seconds and capable of 0-60 miles per hour (mph) acceleration in 4.4 seconds
- Durango SRT out-hauls every three-row SUV on the road with best-in-class towing capability of 3,900 kg (8,600 lb)
- New exterior performance features include wide body exterior design and functional SRT hood with centre air inlet duct flanked by heat extractors, as well as a new front fascia and lower valence to house new cold-air duct and LED fog lamps
- Standard leather and suede, available high-performance Demonic Red Laguna leather seating and new carbon-fibre trim distinguishes Durango SRT’s performance interior
- The new 2018 Dodge Durango SRT will start arriving in Dodge dealerships during fourth quarter of 2017
February 7, 2017 , Windsor, Ontario – The Dodge and SRT brands are rocking the high-performance automotive world once again, bringing a huge burst of power, acceleration and best-in-class tow capability to the three-row SUV segment with the new 2018 Dodge Durango SRT — the fastest SUV in its class.
With the proven 392-cubic-inch HEMI® V-8 under its new functional SRT hood, the new 2018 Dodge Durango SRT delivers 475 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque, and a wicked fast time on the drag strip – from 0-60 miles per hour (mph) in 4.4 seconds, covering the quarter mile in 12.9 seconds as certified by the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA).
“The new 2018 Dodge Durango SRT is Canada’s fastest, most powerful and most capable three-row SUV,” said Tim Kuniskis, Head of Passenger Cars Brands, Dodge, SRT, Chrysler and FIAT – FCA North America. “This is what you get when you take everything great about the Durango and combine it with the performance of the Charger SRT: a 12-second quarter mile, toy-hauling, three-row muscle car.”
The 2018 Dodge Durango SRT will make its debut at the 2017 Chicago Auto Show on Feb. 9. Vehicles will start arriving in dealerships in the fourth quarter of 2017.
The new 2018 Dodge Durango SRT is loaded with performance features designed to make it Canada’s fastest, most powerful and most capable three-row SUV, including:
- Proven 392-cubic-inch HEMI® V-8 delivers 475 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque and 4.4 second 0-60 mph times
- New wide body exterior brings the Durango SRT together as a true performance SUV
- Newly designed SRT hood with a functional cold-air duct and heat extractors to cool the engine and improve overall performance
- Standard TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission specifically calibrated for the Dodge Durango SRT to optimize shift points and deliver maximum torque to all four wheels
- New driver-oriented electronic T-shifter, standard on all 2018 Durango models, provides the driver with intuitive gear selection and offers an Auto Stick selector gate for added control
- New SRT seven-mode drive system gives the driver the ability to precisely adjust drive settings to maximize performance or comfort
- New Sport Mode reduces shift times by up to 50 per cent versus Auto Mode and delivers up to 65 per cent of the 392 HEMI engine’s torque to the rear wheels
- New Track Mode delivers maximum performance track driving with 160-millisecond shifts and up to 70 per cent of engine torque to the rear wheels for the most pronounced rear-wheel-drive experience
- New performance-tuned AWD system helps the Durango SRT set world-class performance marks
- Sophisticated Active Damping System opens and closes the Durango SRT’s suspension’s damper valves, according to which of the seven modes is chosen, giving the driver options for any driving style
- Stiffer front springs (3 per cent), stiffer rear springs (16 per cent) and stiffer rear sway bar (18 per cent) give Durango SRT drivers outstanding high-speed cornering capability. New exhaust system tuned to offer an unmistakably deep, high-performance Dodge SRT exhaust note modeled after the Dodge Charger SRT
- Massive new Brembo high-performance six-piston (front) and four-piston (rear) calipers and vented rotors at all four corners, measuring 381 mm (15 inches) front-slotted and 350.5 mm (13.8 inches) rear
- New Pirelli 295/45ZR20 Scorpion Verde all-season tires or available Pirelli P Zero three-season tires
- New performance Laguna leather and carbon fibre trim offered for the first time in a Durango
- New interior appointments, including a hand-wrapped instrument panel with silver accent stitch, SRT flat-bottom performance steering wheel with SRT paddle shifters, heated and ventilated front and heated second-row captain’s chairs with embossed SRT logos
- New 300 Km/h speedometer
- True carbon-fibre instrument panel and door bezels (late availability)
- Premium velour bound floor mats with embroidered SRT logo
- Suede-wrapped headliner and A pillars
- New SRT rear body colour lower fascia with Gloss Black accent surrounds the 101.6 mm (4-inch) dual round exhaust tips finished in Nickel Chrome
- New performance AWD badging on liftgate
Performance at its core
For the first time ever, SRT power is now available in the Dodge Durango. The 2018 Dodge Durango SRT is powered by the potent 392-cubic-inch HEMI V-8 engine with FuelSaver Technology that delivers 475 horsepower at 6,000 rpm and 470 lb.-ft. of torque at 4,300 rpm – providing Canada’s best horsepower and torque ratings and making the new Dodge Durango SRT the fastest, most powerful and most capable three-row SUV.
To keep the powertrain running cool and efficient in higher demand environments, a new cold-air duct provides cooler outside air into the engine. Testing has shown up to an 18-degree Fahrenheit (10-degree Celsius) improvement in intake air temperature, resulting in an engine that performs flawlessly on the street, race track or when towing a favourite trailer or toy.
Assuring maximum performance under extreme conditions, the 2018 Dodge Durango SRT has been validated through rigorous 24-hour track durability testing – a testing standard that every SRT vehicle adheres to.
The 2018 Dodge Durango SRT provides enhanced shift quality and performance drivability, as well as optimized fuel economy through its TorqueFlite 8-speed automatic transmission. This proven transmission was specifically calibrated for the Dodge Durango SRT to optimize shift points and deliver maximum torque to all four wheels. For the ultimate driver-controlled experience, the transmission can be manually shifted using the performance-inspired steering wheel paddle controls on the exclusive SRT-lit flat-bottom steering wheel.
The TorqueFlite 8-speed automatic transmission takes into account variables, including engine torque gradients, kick-down events, longitudinal and lateral acceleration, grade changes, tire slip and downshift detection to determine the appropriate transmission shift map. The end result is a fully adaptable performance experience.
Additional parameters integrated into the control strategy include vehicle speed control, electronic stability control interaction and temperature. The result is automatic shifting that is ideally attuned to the performance requirements of any performance-oriented driving demand.
When the driver downshifts, the “rev match” function uses the engine controller to provide optimal transition between gears for improved performance and greater stability when downshifting at the traction limit.
When placed in “Sport Mode,” the transmission reduces shift times by up to 50 per cent versus Auto Mode and delivers 65 per cent of the engine’s torque to the rear wheels.
Acceleration and performance handling are enhanced by transfer case proportioning, and dynamic controls for the AWD system when the vehicle is in Track Mode. When in Track Mode, maximum performance track driving is achieved with 160-millisecond shifts and up to 70 per cent of the engine’s torque delivered to the rear wheels for the most pronounced rear-wheel-drive experience. Durango SRT drivers will also notice a vehicle that is more responsive from mid-corner to exit.
The new driver-oriented electronic T-shifter provides the driver with intuitive gear selection and offers an Auto Stick selector gate for added control. Drive and Sport shifting can be selected with no effect on the chosen suspension, stability control and driveline torque split settings.
The 2018 Dodge Durango SRT features launch control, which mimics a professional driver’s inputs to optimize performance by bringing engine, transmission, driveline, stability control and suspension together for an optimal launch and consistent straight-line acceleration.
The new exhaust system has been tuned to offer an unmistakably deep, high-performance note that is distinctive to Dodge/SRT and provides a lasting impression. To achieve this iconic exhaust tone, engineers have replaced the rear mufflers with resonators to increase overall sound level and improve tone of the true performance 69.8 mm (2.75-inch) dual exhaust system.
Ride and handling
The Dodge Durango SRT rides on a short- and long-arm (SLA) independent front suspension with coil springs, specially tuned Bilstein adaptive damping suspension (ADS), upper- and lower-control arms (“A” arms) and a stabilizer bar. Additional changes include 3 per cent stiffer front springs, 16 per cent stiffer rear springs and an 18 per cent stiffer rear sway bar to provide Durango SRT drivers with outstanding high-speed cornering capability.
In the rear, a specially tuned multi-link suspension design has coil spring, Bilstein ADS, aluminum lower control arm, independent upper links (tension and camber), plus a separate toe link, and a stabilizer bar.
The 3048 mm (120-inch) wheelbase allows for outstanding stability and consistency in high-speed cornering, while a new performance-tuned AWD system helps the Durango SRT set the world-class performance marks.
The Durango SRT also features the SRT seven-mode drive system, which provides the driver the ability to precisely adjust drive settings to maximize performance or comfort. Suspension, torque distribution, shift points, stability control and engine mapping are all controlled through this system. In addition to these parameters, suspension feel is controlled by a sophisticated Active Damping System that opens and closes the suspension’s damper valves according to the chosen drive mode, providing the driver with options for any driving style.
The seven SRT drive modes include:
- Auto: activates automatically when starting the vehicle. Sets the suspension and steering to comfort setting, and longer shift times for longer relaxed driving conditions
- Sport: delivers increased vehicle performance capability over Auto Mode. Tightens up suspension damping and provides increased steering gradient feel for improved cornering response. In addition, shift speed increases 23 per cent in 1-4 gears and electronic stability control (ESC) allows more yaw for spirited driving
- Track: delivers maximum vehicle performance capability on smooth, dry surfaces. Tightens up to full hard suspension damping and steering gradient feel for maximum cornering response. In addition, shift speed increases 50 per cent in 1-4 gears from Auto mode and ESC allows maximum yaw
- Snow: sets ideal configuration for driving in snow by setting transmission to use second gear (rather than first gear) during launches to minimize wheel slippage; stability control is set to Full-on and AWD is set to 50/50 distribution
- Tow: sets ideal configuration to tow a trailer by using full stability control; AWD is set to 50/50 distribution and trailer sway control is enabled in the ESC system. In addition, the Active Noise Cancelation system is automatically engaged to reduce engine noise from the high-load towing condition
- Valet: engine is remapped to reduce the engine’s torque and horsepower settings; transmission locks out access to first gear and upshifts earlier than normal; traction, steering and suspension are set to their Auto settings; steering wheel paddle shifters are disabled; ESC is enabled to Full-on and launch control is disabled
- ECO: maximizes fuel economy with a revised shift schedule, second-gear starts and extended range of the Fuel Saver Technology
Standard five-spoke 20-inch “Goliath” wheels with a new “Black Noise” finish ride on Pirelli 295/45ZR20 Scorpion Verde all-season tires or available Pirelli P Zero three-season tires. Available, 20-inch forged aluminum wheels feature a new split five-spoke design with “Black Noise” finish.
The 2018 Dodge Durango SRT delivers excellent braking performance, requiring an estimated 35 meters (115 feet) to come to a full stop from 60 mph (96.5 km/h). Credit belongs to massive new Brembo high-performance six-piston (front) and four-piston (rear) calipers, and vented rotors at all four corners measuring 381 mm (15 inches) front-slotted and 350.5 mm (13.8 inches)
Aggressive, functional and luxurious inside and out
Along with its new ultimate performance capabilities, the 2018 Dodge Durango SRT provides the same combination of uncompromised utility, advanced technology and aggressive styling it’s well known for.
Inside the refreshed cabin of the Durango SRT, new appointments include a hand-wrapped dashboard with silver accent stitch, SRT flat-bottom performance steering wheel with standard paddle shift, heated and ventilated front and heated second-row captain’s chairs with embossed SRT logos. Nappa leather with suede inserts and silver-stitched SRT logos are standard. Demonic Red Laguna leather interior with embossed SRT logos is optional.
Other luxurious touches brought to Durango for the first time in the SRT model include new Light Black Chrome centre stack, HVAC, full console and door handle bezels along with two choices of decorative bezels. Standard finish is a Matte Reverse Chain, and for the first time on Durango a true carbon-fibre instrument panel and door bezels will be offered (late availability). Premium velour bound floor mats with embroidered SRT logo are standard. Adding to the impact of the hand-wrapped instrument panel, the headliner and A pillars are available in Dynamica suede.
A newly designed 7-inch customizable in-cluster display allows drivers to select from a multitude of layouts and information. The class-exclusive Uconnect 8.4-inch touchscreen media centre houses the new SRT Performance Pages along with navigation, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and HD radio. The standard premium sound system features nine speakers, subwoofer and 506-watt amplifier.
On the exterior, the 2018 Dodge Durango SRT carries a SRT hood with functional centre air-inlet ducts flanked by heat extractors that help to keep the engine bay cool by removing hot air from the engine compartment. A new front fascia and lower valence house the new cold-air duct and LED fog lamps. This new unique look will also include the SRT-inspired grille mesh pattern finish.
New integrated wheel flares and body-colour side rocker panels help provide an aggressive stance. The “392” badges flanking each fender with Bright Chrome and Metallic Grey accents differentiate the ultimate performance Durango.
At the rear, a new SRT rear body-colour lower fascia with Gloss Black accent surrounds the 101.6 mm (4-inch) dual round exhaust tips finished in Nickel Chrome. The Durango SRT is also distinguished by new badging on the rear liftgate that denotes the new performance AWD system.
The 2018 Dodge Durango SRT is available in a number of exterior colours, including Billet Metallic, True Blue Pearl, DB Black, Granite Metallic, Redline Pearl Bright White and Ivory Tri-Coat.
Safety and security
The 2018 Dodge Durango offers consumers more than 60 available safety and security features, including standard all-speed traction control and ESC, which improve overall vehicle handling and performance both on- and off-road. Standard trailer-sway control enhances towing capabilities and keeps the vehicle and trailer aligned as the Durango travels down the road.
Available safety and security features include forward collision warning with crash mitigation and adaptive cruise control with stop. Blind-spot Monitoring (BSM) and Rear Cross Path (RCP) detection, which aid drivers when changing lanes or in parking lot situations, are also available. In addition, standard front-row active head restraints, standard full-length three-row side-curtain air bags and standard front-seat-mounted side thorax air bags offer enhanced occupant protection to passengers in the event of a collision. In total, Durango offers seven standard airbags.
Manufacturing: Built in Detroit
The 2018 Dodge Durango SRT is built at the 3-million-square-foot Jefferson North Assembly Plant (JNAP) in Detroit, which has been the site of Durango production since its introduction in the 2011 model year.»
Source FCA Canada